Access Points

Frequent Contributor I

Serial Breakout cable problem

Hi there,

Anyone here fabricated their own serial breakout cable?

I fabricated it but I was unable to key in data...
Is it the TxD problem?
Anyone here can advise?

Cheers,
Michael
Guru Elite

Serial Breakout Cable

Michael,

Do you have your terminal settings correct?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

hmm...

Hi Colin,

I followed the settings 9600-8-1, flow control off.
With the settings, I could connect to the Aruba controller console...

Cheers,
Michael
Guru Elite

Cabling

Michael,

Those are indeed the correct settings. Unfortunately, I never made my own cable. If you have an 800 controller or 2400 controller, you can reset that AP (at least I think thats what you are trying to do) with serial-over-ethernet.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Serial Breakout cable problem

Michael,

I have also never made my own Serial cable however I know of some customers and partenr who have. You can find the pinouts and such in any AP installation guide (available on the support site). Also note that the breakout cable in the manual only works when the AP is powered via End-span POE (POE switch) or AC adapter, NOT a POE injector (for that you need CA-SPOE-ADAPT-4).
--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Regular Contributor I

anyone knows where to get this in germany, local spare parts store, i was able to successfully make my own cable but without the network pins, so serial connection to some AP65 works fine, but the com-port adapter is just a little bit "crappy" cause the pins of the female adapter got a little bit damaged while pull/push them in the proper row .. ;-)

i would like to buy just some SPOE cable with the mentioned connectors and im fine.

regards
Aruba Employee

You should be able to order this through your Aruba account team or partner, the part number is CA-SPOE-ADAPT-3 for Aruba PoE, and CA-SPOE-ADAPT-4 for mid-span PoE.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: