Access Points

New Contributor

User unable to connect to ap125

Hi all,

I have a user with a Dell laptop with Windows Vista 64-bit who is unable to get an internet connection when connected to one specific AP. When she connects to any other AP on campus she has no problem. We disconnected this AP temporarily to see what would happen. The user connected to a neigboring ap 2 floors up. She was able to use the internet. I did verify that I and others could connect to that AP. We replaced the AP to no avail. Please let me know what could be causing this. I don't think it's a laptop issue being that she can connect anywhere else on campus. Thanks.

Dave Cohen
University of Pennsylvania
NOC Lead
215-573-5407
Guru Elite

Re: User unable to connect to ap125

Is the wireless network using encryption? What OS is the client device and what is the Manufacturer and model, as well as driver date of the adapter?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks for the follow up Colin. It is a Dell (i am not certain of the model. I can find out if you need it). The OS is Vista 64 bit. There is no encryption on our wireless network. As for the driver, I was told by my LSP that it is the most updated version. I can get you the driver date if you need it. Thanks.
Contributor I

Encryption

That Dell is connecting to an 802.1X network using EAP-TTLS(PAP) - WPA2-AES. he client side configuration has been proven to work elsewhere on campus, except for this AP, where other clients can successfully connect.
Colleen Szymanik
------------------------------------
University of Pennsylvania
Network Engineer
(215)573-2628
Aruba Employee

And the other APs he's connecting to are running the same configuration / same AP group? The other users on this particular AP are on the same SSID? If all that is true I would open a support case. There will probably need to be a level of debugging that has to happen that will be faster for you than working through the forum, though I am interested to hear the outcome of this one...

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: