Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

Voltage range for RAP-2WG

Anyone know what range of voltages the RAP-2WG can handle? It says 12V but normally these sorts of devices are ok with a few volts either way.
Aruba Employee

Re: Voltage range for RAP-2WG

What is it you're trying to do? I would not recommend running that with anything other than the included power adapter. Remember, that is the one AP on the list without a lifetime warranty :)

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks

I'm trying to make it battery powered. Preferably with LiPos. However, LiPos are either 11.1V or 14.6V. I don't mind frying one or two of them but I'd rather not.
MC
Occasional Contributor I

Could always use a 7812 with the 14.6 packs. That way the extra heat will be on a component that costs less than $2 to replace.

Hi There,

Probably a bit late now but the RAP2WGs seem to run fine on as low as 5v. It is possible to power a RAP2 using a USB port if you have the right cable! We use a PoE combo with RAP2s and the first batch we got could only use 5v, new ones have a switch for 5, 9 and 12. like the guys say probably best to use whats recomended, but we have a few running for 6 months now on 5v from a PoE splitter.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: