Access Points

Frequent Contributor I

Where is ap-regroup 'to do' list held?

Hi,

When using "ap-regroup" on an AP that is currently off-line, this appears to queue the regrouping until the AP comes on-line: when it is connected later (perhaps several hours/days later), the AP reboots into the new group OK.

However, until this happens, the entry for this AP in the database still shows the AP as being in the old group until it boots up and 'regroups'.

My question is -- where is this 'to do' list of regroupings held? Is there any way to view what APs are waiting to be regrouped, or what group an AP should be in (and will be, after it next boots)?

Also, where is this information held? Will it be saved in the main database and synced across? I'm just worried that, if we regroup an AP, and it's not connected for a significant period of time, that the regrouping may get last during failover or reboot of the controller.

Thanks,

- Bob
Guru Elite

ap-regroup

From Engineering - "ap-regroup/ap-rename uses the auto-provisioning mechanism. Auto-provisioning actions are stored in the global AP database and take effect as soon as the AP in question next registers with a controller. If an AP is up and registered at the time the regroup happens, it will be re-provisioned right away. The group change does not actually happen until the re-provisioning, so show ap database will still show the old group until the AP gets re-provisioned."

Pending provisioning changes are not visible to the user.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Where is ap-regroup 'to do' list held?

From Engineering - "ap-regroup/ap-rename uses the auto-provisioning mechanism. Auto-provisioning actions are stored in the global AP database and take effect as soon as the AP in question next registers with a controller. ...

Pending provisioning changes are not visible to the user.

Great, thanks. "stored in the global AP database" sounds like they will be synchronised across to the standby controller and preserved across reboots. Is that right?

Being able to view pending changes is a feature request I'd like to see.
Guru Elite

Feature Request

This has been submitted under RFE 1471. Please contact your local Aruba sales team to track.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: