Access Points

Contributor I

Will AP's restart when an SSID added to group?

Just a quick I can't find the answer to in the docs...

If I add an SSID to a group that already exists on a bunch of APs, will these APs reboot when they receive the new configuration? Would changing the name of an AP system profile cause them to reboot? (Better yet, is there a spot in the docs that I missed that lets me know this information?)

Thanks a ton
Aruba Employee

Re: Will AP's restart when an SSID added to group?

No, the AP will not restart if you add or remove an SSID from an existing AP group. You can't really rename the AP system profile, but you can create a new one, clone the old one, then assign new one with the new name. This should not cause a bootstrap or reboot, but I would do it during a maintenance window anyway, just in case.
Contributor I

Great, thanks!

Are you speaking from experience or is there some part of the documentation that explains this? (or both)
Aruba Employee

From lots of experience... I just today added a few SSIDs to an AP group and the APs definitely did NOT bootstrap or reboot.

There is no place that this is documented, but that would be a good feature. Ping your local SE/TM and have them put in a request.
Guru Elite

Great, thanks!

Are you speaking from experience or is there some part of the documentation that explains this? (or both)

Attached from the ArubaOS 6.0 command reference guide

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Thanks!

Great, thanks for the doc.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: