Access Points

Contributor I

ap125 bridge mode

Hi, Is it possible to bridge an ap125 over an existing vpn. I have a remote site (5 users) that is connected ipsec. I would like to extentend our current wireless to that remote site.

Is there any good documentation on ap bridging ?

jason
Aruba Employee

Re: ap125 bridge mode

You don't need to using bridging on the AP125 to do that. The AP can connect to a controller over any L2 or L3 network, VPN included.
Contributor II

We've had some experiences in these types of solutions that have faired much better with the use of a RAP license for AP's deployed over a WAN based on IPSEC tunnels. If you experience issues, you may want to use RAP to deploy those AP's.
Contributor I

Hi, I just want to keep the local traffic local. That is, the remote site will have a ap that gets its configuration from a controller over the vpn, but all wireless clients will remain local to the remote site.
thx jason
Aruba Employee

Ah, the AP125 in RAP bridge mode is the way to go then. You need RAP licenses on your controller for that though.
Occasional Contributor I

Jason, did you ever find reasonable documentation to set up your RAPs across your existing VPN? This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I've been looking for documentation for two days without much luck.
Aruba Employee

What sort of documentation are you looking for? The process for configuring and deploying a RAP won't change even though you have a private VPN.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: