Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

remove aps in the cli

I have two sets of duplicate APS. In each case one name shows as being up and running and the duplicate name for each is down. I can't see the names of the down aps in the gui only in the cli. How do I remove the duplicate ones that are down in the cli withoug removing the ones that are up and running?

I hope that was clear. I can go into more detail if it is needed.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Guru Elite

clear

I have two sets of duplicate APS. In each case one name shows as being up and running and the duplicate name for each is down. I can't see the names of the down aps in the gui only in the cli. How do I remove the duplicate ones that are down in the cli withoug removing the ones that are up and running?

I hope that was clear. I can go into more detail if it is needed.

Thanks in advance
Mark

First, do a "show ap database long". That will show the wired mac address of all the APs and by the flags column, you should be able to tell if it is a dup or not. Next, execute the "clear gap-db wired-mac " to clear the AP in question.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Re: remove aps in the cli

Try "show ap database long status down" to show all down APs then find it in your list. If you know the group it belongs to then you could try "show ap database long status down | include group-name" where group-name is the name or part of the group it belongs to. At this point, you "clear gap-db wired-mac ".

Also note, deleting it from the GUI does not delete it from the CLI (or at least it didn't for many versions since 2.x). I always delete from the CLI to make sure.

Thanks it worked. What does gap-db stand for? It helps to remember if I understand the acronyms.

Thanks again
Mark

gap-db is it general access point data base?

It stands for

global access point db

Kevin
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: