Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

setting 802.11a up to Aruba APs

Hello,

I would like to know how to set up only 802.11a to the Aruba APs. I would like to configure some APs working only in the 5GHz wifi and, which is 802.11a .

thanks!!
Regular Contributor I

Re: setting 802.11a up to Aruba APs

You could create a AP Group for this and disable the 802.11g radio profile, then Provision the AP to use that new AP Group.

how to disconfigure some APs that operate in the band 802.11a

Hi,

I have 34 APs in one group but only 4 of them act in the a band (very strange because the configuration for the group is the same for all the APs and the rest of the APs works in the bg band). Anyway how can I solve this? I have tried to reboot the APs but nothing they still work in the 802.11a and I want they work in the bg band.

thanks a lot!

Guru Elite

AP System Profile

Hi,

I have 34 APs in one group but only 4 of them act in the a band (very strange because the configuration for the group is the same for all the APs and the rest of the APs works in the bg band). Anyway how can I solve this? I have tried to reboot the APs but nothing they still work in the 802.11a and I want they work in the bg band.

thanks a lot!

Aangles,

If your APs are only single-band (AP60, 61), edit, the AP-group, Expand ap, Click on "ap system profile" and the "RF band" parameter on the right determines what band single-radio APs will operate in that ap-group. This is applied to the ENTIRE ap group. If 30 of your 34 APs are single band (ap60, ap61), this will change all the single-band APs to A only. This parameter does not affect dual-band (AP65, 70 and 125) APs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Making the operation of the APs to the bg band

Hello,

I forgot or I was not clear to specify that all the 34 APs we have deployed are siingle radio, dual-band (ap 60, ap61). Also let me know if i am right:

allowed band: a, g or all: the specific virtual AP (or SSID) will act the the specified band by this setting.

RF Band (Ap system profile): Which band will operate all the APs of that group (except those which work with the specified band by allowed band)

Therefore, we have 34 Aps single-radio dual-band in the sam group. 30 of them works in the bg band and the rest only to the a band. What's wrong?

sorry for the last message i was not very clear, I didn't specified the things with detail.

regards
Guru Elite

Radios

Hello,

I forgot or I was not clear to specify that all the 34 APs we have deployed are siingle radio, dual-band (ap 60, ap61). Also let me know if i am right:

allowed band: a, g or all: the specific virtual AP (or SSID) will act the the specified band by this setting.

RF Band (Ap system profile): Which band will operate all the APs of that group (except those which work with the specified band by allowed band)

Therefore, we have 34 Aps single-radio dual-band in the sam group. 30 of them works in the bg band and the rest only to the a band. What's wrong?

sorry for the last message i was not very clear, I didn't specified the things with detail.

regards

If under the AP system profile, you have the "a" band selected, they are all in the same ap-group, they should all be on the "a" band UNLESS:

- You have an ap-specific configuration that overrides this. (delete the ap-specific config and it will fix this)
- You have an earlier version of ArubaOS (some 3.x versions) and it allows you to change the band in the RF planning tool. Changing the band in the RF planning tool will override the system profile configuration. If you reboot the AP and delete the AP from the RF plan, it will remove this.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hello again:)

Sorry ,

but I have 3.4 firmware. How can I delete the AP from the RF plan and also how can I change the configuration in the RF plan?

thank you very much
Guru Elite

Firmware

Sorry ,

but I have 3.4 firmware. How can I delete the AP from the RF plan and also how can I change the configuration in the RF plan?

thank you very much

If you have 3.4, you don't have the RF plan issue. Is the AP system-profile configured to "a"?

Colin Joseph

No

No, its configured to g band which is what I want and so I dont understand what happen.
is the problem of RF Plan or what?

regards
Guru Elite

use "show ap config"

No, its configured to g band which is what I want and so I dont understand what happen.
is the problem of RF Plan or what?

regards

You should use the command "show ap config ap-name " so you can see what profile is responsible for putting that AP on the A or b/g band.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: