AirWave and Network Management

Frequent Contributor I

Airwave Refresh/Pooling Interval

Hi,

Default pooling/refresh interval of Airwave is 5 minutes but can anyone please guide me how i can change this time as required?

I want to decrease this time. Would there be any negative effects of doing that?

Actually whenever any AP goes down, it comes up before Airwave update itself leaving us with no clue about AP/APs going down or coming up again.

Please suggest.

Thank you. 

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave Refresh/Pooling Interval

I don't think that you can change it globally, but you can change it at the group level.

Depending on the number of devices you are polling, I suspect you may start to see a performance impact with a short polling interval.

amp-polling-interval.png

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

aruba.markus wrote:

Hi,

Default pooling/refresh interval of Airwave is 5 minutes but can anyone please guide me how i can change this time as required?

I want to decrease this time. Would there be any negative effects of doing that?

Actually whenever any AP goes down, it comes up before Airwave update itself leaving us with no clue about AP/APs going down or coming up again.

Please suggest.

Thank you. 

You can decrease this time by sending SNMP traps to airwave from the controller.  That way information about AP up and Down and other messages like client authentication can reach the controller fast.   You can also decrease the time for other statistics by turning on AMON:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks cjoseph. I will try your suggestions.

But will it remain true in case of IAPs?  

Guru Elite

aruba.markus wrote:

Thanks cjoseph. I will try your suggestions.

But will it remain true in case of IAPs?  

aruba.markus,

No.   That advice is only for controller-based access points....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: