AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Any else interested in AOS configs at Group level?

I have IOS and AOS controllers in my network. After working with the Group level configs for Cisco, we started trying to use the global level Device Setup > Aruba Configuration. This has been very frustrating.
With the global level settings, I can't have the same profiles and groups with different parameters which are needed for different network designs. If I import an AOS config from a controller in Group A, I can potentially change the configuration of a controller in Group B even though I may not have access to that controller/folder if my ap groups or profiles are named the same. For a large, global, enterprise network with many users that only have access to specific folders, I don't want users with access to 1 folder being able to modify a configuration for a device in another folder. This is a problem.
I realize in 7.1 there are device level overrides, but that potentially adds quite a bit of overhead and it doesn't prohibit one user from changing a device he doesn't have access to.

I would REALLY like to see a group level only option for AOS configurations. Otherwise, I'm going to have a tough time putting AOS controllers into managed mode w/o worrying one user will mess up another (even if only accidentally). I want AMP to manage my AOS devices.

Would others be interested in Group level AOS option for config settings instead of the global level? I'm lobbying for support on this.
thanks
-gl1800rider
New Contributor

Great idea! heck yeah!

I'm interested!!! This sounds like it could be very beneficial for all user!
Aruba Employee

Re: Any else interested in AOS configs at Group level?

We've got this feature in our 7.2 release
Regular Contributor I

Just so I'm understanding this correctly... If I go to "AMP Setup > Device Configuration > Use Global Aruba Configuration:" and select "NO", this will turn off the "Aruba Overrides" in the "AP/Devices > Manage" ?
Occasional Contributor I

Yep. By changing that to No, you'll get Aruba Configuration under each group similar to the Global settings. Thank you Airwave for implementing this feature!
Regular Contributor I

Any else interested in AOS configs at Group level?

That's correct. The main reason to enable this feature is if you have AOS profiles that have the same name but different configurations and you can't reconcile that.

Otherwise, the global Aruba Configuration system gives you something similar to the old Global Groups feature.
MVP

Per-AMP Group Aruba Config would be most powerful combined with Master Console Global Aruba Config. This would allow us Admins to handle all the different AMP groups autonomously without affecting one another while also allowing for consistency of certain portions of configuration.

For example, in most enterprises, there exists a particular SSID that is everywhere. This would fit well into the MC and kept consistent across all groups. However, some radio characteristics, IDS policies, LMS IP addressing, etc., would fit better on a per-AMP group basis.

Right now, we have to choose. I'd prefer to both have and eat the cake.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: