Occasional Contributor II

DNS with via

Hi all i know how to configure the controller to have one IP and the via client sense it
how can i configure it to use DNS such that i put 2 or more ips in the DNS and then
write this DNS on the connection of via client so if it didnt find the first ip it wil switched automatically to 2nd and so on
thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Re: DNS with via

That would be in the l2tp settings in VPN.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks for your help but i don't mean that
I mean that how can i made domain name for example Aruba333.com and this domain mapped automatically to certain ip or ips .
thanks in advance
Contributor I

Thanks for your help but i don't mean that
I mean that how can i made domain name for example Aruba333.com and this domain mapped automatically to certain ip or ips .
thanks in advance

Not sure if i completely understand your questions/request but I think you are asking how can your VIA client use DNS to resolve one hostname with two different ip addresses.

As mentioned in the post, you assign the DNS server that the VIA clients receive in the VPN Services tab. In your case that seems like it should be one of your INTERNAL DNS server that you have the ability to make chnages on.

You can configure your DNS server to reply with multiple IPs for the same hostname (DNS round robin) BUT MOST DNS server do not have the ability to know if the IPs are available.

hope this helps...

Ok thank you for help .
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: