AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Disable configuration audits ?

Hi

We are using Airwave for monitoring - not for configuration.

To get rid of all the "mismatched" configurations I would like to disable configuration audits. Is that possible?

Regards
Michael

Re: Disable configuration audits ?

After 2.5 yrs of trying to get users to adopt AMP for their configuration changes, we are still effectively only leveraging the monitoring and reporting capabilities. I'm interested in the official response.
Guru Elite

Airwave and Configuration

Hi

We are using Airwave for monitoring - not for configuration.

To get rid of all the "mismatched" configurations I would like to disable configuration audits. Is that possible?

Regards
Michael

In the new Airwave 6.4.1 just released, you can remove the "Mismatched" title heading as well as the "Mismatched" column from your devices.... "Customized reporting, header columns and list display" in the attached release notes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

In addition to the UI customizations that Colin mentioned, there is a new Group setting in 6.4 called "Audit Configuration on Devices." If that's set to No, the devices will no longer be audited.
Regular Contributor I

We would be very interested in hearing your feedback on what changes you'd like to see in AirWave that would make the configuration and auditing features more useful to you.

Thank you Jason. I disabled auditing in the group settings and we got rid of all the mismatched devices.

But now it looks like the "RAPIDS" function has been disabled. We have no rogues at all. Before we had lots of them. Is it possible that deactivating auditing also deactivates RAPIDS? Or should I look else where?
The WLAN controllers are still reporting about (thousands of) rogues.

Regards
Michael

Regular Contributor I

Disable configuration audits ?

If you visit the rapids list and change the filter to valid, do you
see any devices?

Disabling auditing shouldn't affect rapids!

If we disabled auditing and supplied AMP with only a read-only community string, what problems would you foresee? I have a non production 6.4 server I may try it on.
Regular Contributor I

For the most part, it is fine to use a read-only community string if you aren't going to push configurations to the device from AMP. On any recent hardware, I wouldn't expect you to run into any problems.

I agree

I agree with Jason that a read-only string is fine for Cisco controllers if you aren't planning to use the AWMS to make configuration changes. But for any configuration changes, including guest users, you'd need a read-write community string.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: