AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Fint user from IP-address + time/date

What's the easiest way to find a username from IP-address and time/date info?

I can generate a report with all userdata (incl IP-addresses) about the time/date and do a manual search for IP-address in the report. But perhaps there is an easier way?

Regards
Michael
Aruba Employee

Re: Fint user from IP-address + time/date

Hi Michael,

I just did a search here for my IP in the AMP search box and in brought up the users that had been assigned that IP previously, I then sorted by date/time. Not sure if you tried that already and didn't find what you were looking for, but it seems to work based on what you are asking.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Aruba

I think you're using the exact 2 approaches that I'd use. If you have a suggestion on how we could improve our user searching to make it work better for you, I'd be interested to learn from you.

Dan
Occasional Contributor II

I think you're using the exact 2 approaches that I'd use. If you have a suggestion on how we could improve our user searching to make it work better for you, I'd be interested to learn from you.

Dan

Well, perhaps you could make it possible to confine the search to a specific time interval?

The problem with searching for IP and do a sorting by date/time, is that you get a sorted list of clients and their last associations. But the last association would often be with another IP. And then you don't get the result I was asking for. (hope you undertsand me :-)

Regards
Michael
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: