AirWave and Network Management

New Contributor

Integration with XML API

I want to ask one question about integrating with XML API. Thanks.
Currently, we use Airwave OnDemand (AoD) software as a Service (SaaS) model.

My question is: If I create a web-based interface, how can I make this interface connect to AMP server directly?
For example, Airwave provides one example (location-api-tutorial.zip). However, this example must be placed on AMP server because it gets file directly (such as: url=”/visualrf/location.xml”).

If I create a web-based application which is deployed in other server, how can this application get data from Airwave OnDemand through XML API?
Thanks.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Integration with XML API

I want to ask one question about integrating with XML API. Thanks.
Currently, we use Airwave OnDemand (AoD) software as a Service (SaaS) model.

My question is: If I create a web-based interface, how can I make this interface connect to AMP server directly?
For example, Airwave provides one example (location-api-tutorial.zip). However, this example must be placed on AMP server because it gets file directly (such as: url=”/visualrf/location.xml”).

This is due to the browser security model. Browsers will only allow javascript to open network connections to the server the javascript resides on - executing scripts from another host is called cross-site scripting and is one of the major attack vectors for malware.

I'm not aware of any way to force your browser to allow cross-site scripting, although there certainly may be one.

If I create a web-based application which is deployed in other server, how can this application get data from Airwave OnDemand through XML API?
Thanks.

If it must be web-based, then I believe Flash can do this given the appropriate settings, as can any of the other browser-based applications such as java applets and silverlight.