AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Output show user to a log

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on the recording of the information that is generated by "show user".

Specifically, I would like to record the client MAC address and AP name and possibly some of the other attributes associated with that command in to a log file I can keep and refer back to if needed. Is this acheivable without Airwave?
Guru Elite

Re: Output show user to a log

You can try the command here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2042

The output above does NOT have the access point that a user is on. Depending on the radius server that you use, the logs would have the information that you need. The Aruba-Essid-Name as well as the Aruba-Location-ID attributes show here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=6615&postcount=6 will send the name of the wireless network, as well as the Name of the AP the user is connected to as a radius attribute.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Hi Colin,

from the "show user-table" output all I require are the entries from the IP, MAC and AP Name field. There's no RADIUS server involved and the SSID is open as it's a "guest" SSID. Perhaps I can find someone with some linux knowledge to script the running of that command, the logging of the output from it at a frequent interval?

Or perhaps I should persuade my managers to buy Airwave :)

On a similar note, I have reported an issue to Aruba tech about the AP Name field often having "N/A" instead of the AP Name, have you seen this before?
Guru Elite

Airwave is the complete solution to all of that. Scripting only gives you a snapshot in time and you still need to be able to historically represent anything you collect. At minimum, evaluate Airwave.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: