AirWave and Network Management

Guru Elite

RF Planning with Airwave

Is anyone doing RF Planning with Airwave? I just stumbled over that capability recently. I did not know it existed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Really?

I'd love to do planning with Airwave, but I didn't think it had the capability. Are you doing this with VisualRF?
Aruba

VisualRF does RF Planning

VisualRF does RF planning quite well. If you have access to it, it's absolutely worth trying.
Guru Elite

RF Planning with VisualRF

I have been using alot. It is flexible, can import RF plans from the Aruba Controller or offline RF planning tool and can also select areas that are not perfect squares with ease. It also as a "Bill of Materials" function which can produce a bill of materials of all the APs that you have in a building, for example.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: RF Planning with Airwave

Oh wow, yeah, I just checked the docs on how to do RF planning in Visual RF...that is sweet! Really nice, thanks for starting this thread Colin, who knows when I would have stumbled upon that!
Guru Elite

Using Visual RF

Are you using it to monitor multiple-vendor WLANs, or just one?

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

No, just Aruba...what other WLAN providers are there? ;)
Aruba Employee

VisualRF currently supports planning for
- Aruba
-Cisco
-Symbol
-HP
Aruba Employee

Also, another really cool feature that VisualRF has for planning is the two modes; Manual Planning and Auto Provisioning.

Manual Planning - will allow the user to manually place individual AP's in specific positions on a floorplan and display the predictive coverage.

Auto Provisioning - allows the user to define a polygon shaped region and specify the desired datarate and coverage, and VisualRF will populate the desired number of AP's to match the specified requirements.