AirWave and Network Management

New Contributor

Remove AP from controller

I am sure this question has been asked before, But I have not found it yet. I have an AP that has died. How do I remove it from the controller?

TIA - Eric
Aruba Employee

Re: Remove AP from controller

Eric - the CLI is "clear gap-db ap-name ". You can also user "wired-mac" instead of ap-name, if you want. The wired-mac can be seen with the command "show ap database long".
New Contributor

Thanks. That is just want I was looking for. Too bad it is not in the gui.

Aruba Employee

It is in the GUI as well, but I do almost everything from the CLI... I am changing the world, one CLI command at a time... :)

GUI - click on Monitoring > All Access Points > Clear (to the right of the AP you want removed).
New Contributor

This does not work. I enter the command and have also tried from the GUI but still... the RAP remains. I have a duplicate RAP I am trying to remove as it seems to be stopping the 2nd RAP with the same name from upgrading.

Any suggestions???

Jef
Occasional Contributor II

+1

Got the same problem:

One AP61 and another AP105 with duplicate name.

When I try to provision the AP61, the controller always (re)provisions the AP105.

Clearing through GUI or CLI won't work.

Useful post? kudos appreciated!
Guru Elite

Did you try the <wired mac> option for the access point that you DO want to remove?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Jef
Occasional Contributor II

Same result with <wired mac>, after reboot the AP is still recognised under the samen duplicate name.

Useful post? kudos appreciated!
New Contributor

My controller is a OAW-4704 which is essentially an Aruba 3600. Running code 6.1.3.8

I am using RAP-5WN

I just see some weird behavior here. My main problem was that I was not able to upgrade the RAP from 5.x. to the controllers 6.x code. 6.x code was on both partitions of my controller. 

Doing a show ap image version ap-name "ap name" I could see that it was trying to load the image. It would reach 1500 seconds then restart indicating to me that there was a time out. I am not sure if something really was timing out because now the RAP has been upgraded. I left it connected for a few hours and it finally took. Which is good :)

Though I still see randomness. Such as, when I go to provision the freshly upgraded RAP with new host switch name and IP address it took 3 tries before it took.  ????

Also, I am now able to remove devices from my Global AP List in Monitoring>All Access Points> and clicking the clear button in the GUI. This did not work yesterday.  ?????

The only thing I can think of that is different is that I had a RAP stuck trying to upgrade even though I had removed it from the network. I was able to get that RAP to work via the details written above.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: