Occasional Contributor II

SNMP traps

Hi. Did read http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=700&highlight=snmp+traps but there was no reply.
Now, with actual 3.4 OS, can we now define anywhere which traps must be sent and which not ? Any public document ?
Thanks very much, regards
Alex
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Italy
Frequent Contributor II

Problem monitoring AP with SNMP with Solarwinds

Hi,

When i change the Aruba OS from 3.3.X to 3.4.X we lost (by aruba redesign) the visibility of APs from our SNMP monitoring PC (Solarwinds).

I know that new version needs to askt to the controller not to the APs (and that´s cool and logic) but I don´t see any example how to do it in the User guide of this version.

I have Orion 9.5 and they say that support Aruba.

I see some errs of snmp that is concerning me like:
|snmp| An internal system error has occurred at file trans.c function SendToTransport line 187 error attempt to send to unknown transport type .

May be i did a mistake so:

How can I get that visibility again?
What do i need to config in the controller?

Regards.
Guru Elite

Orion 9.5 Support

Hi,

When i change the Aruba OS from 3.3.X to 3.4.X we lost (by aruba redesign) the visibility of APs from our SNMP monitoring PC (Solarwinds).

I know that new version needs to askt to the controller not to the APs (and that´s cool and logic) but I don´t see any example how to do it in the User guide of this version.

I have Orion 9.5 and they say that support Aruba.

I see some errs of snmp that is concerning me like:
|snmp| An internal system error has occurred at file trans.c function SendToTransport line 187 error attempt to send to unknown transport type .

May be i did a mistake so:

How can I get that visibility again?
What do i need to config in the controller?

Regards.

Homero,

Aruba currently only supports polling and sending SNMP traps from the controller to a network management system; not the APs themselves. Solarwinds offers this solution here: http://thwack.com/forums/p/16365/67511.aspx to get proper visibility into Aruba devices.

I hope that helps.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Where SNMP Traps will be sent

but there was no reply.
Now, with actual 3.4 OS, can we now define anywhere which traps must be sent and which not ? Any public document ?
Thanks very much, regards
Alex

At this time, all traps that are enabled will be sent to the SNMP trap host (s) defined on the SNMP configuration page on the Aruba controller. For traps to be sent, you must have a matching SNMP read string on the controller for the snmp trap host command that you configure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: