AirWave and Network Management

MVP

Who is using Airwave with Aruba 3.3.2.x

I'd like to get an idea for what other customers are utilizing Airwave to monitor/manager their controllers. We previously had MMS and are slowly migrating over to Airwave.

==========
Ryan Holland
Network Engineer, Wireless ACMX
CIO - Infrastructure
The Ohio State University
320 W 8th Ave
Columbus, OH 43201
614-292-9906 holland.112@osu.edu
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Who is using Airwave with Aruba 3.3.2.x

Ryan,

We are using AMP 6.2.1 with Aruba 3.3.2.10. We had some problems with reporting and Airwave support spent a day applying some patches. All runs hunky-dory now though.

We run AMP in monitor-only mode at this time.
Aruba Employee

I am

I'm running AMP 6.2.2 with controllers on 3.3.2.8, monitor only, no WMS offload. AMP needs work, but it's getting there.
MVP

What sort of problems with reporting? Are you getting any traps from the controllers showing up in AMP?
==========
Aruba Employee

Ryan - I get almost no traps from the controllers in AMP. We're trying to figure out if it's the controllers not sending the traps or if it's AMP.
MVP

Same symptoms here. We have all the supported traps enabled but never see anything on AMP. :-/
==========
Guru Elite

Getting Traps Sent

To get traps sent, you need to have a SNMP read community match your trap community. For example, you need the following for traps to be sent:

config t
snmp-server community airwave
snmp-server host 172.16.8.24 version 2c airwave udp-port 162

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Thanks Colin. Yeah, all that's configured, but IDS traps aren't even generated on the controller. You see the IDS events on the controller web GUI (no WMS offload to AMP), but no traps in the queue.

I have a ticket open with Airwave and they're working with someone at Aruba to track down the issue. It actually doesn't appear to have anything to do with Airwave since the controller isn't generating the trap in the first place. It may end up being a bug.

FYI, I recently upgraded to 3.3.2.13 as well. Not for this issue, but to correct another one.
Regular Contributor I

AWMS currently processes IDS traps and traps related to 802.1x user authentication problems. We'll be adding support for more trap processing in future releases. The rest of the data AWMS uses is currently collected by periodically polling the controllers using SNMP.
New Contributor

Amp 6.2.3

We've got AMP 6.2.3 watching about 700 controllers (soon to be around 1400 controllers) all running 3.3.2.5 in Monitor only mode. We're actually hoping that once we've got all the controllers in AMP, we'll be able to use to upgrade them to something a little more recent. So far, AMP is making my life a little easier, since we didn't really have any central place to manage or monitor the controllers (never mind 3,500+ APs), but it does still have a long way to go.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: