AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

admin access to manage guest account

I am using TACACS to access and manage the 3000 controller (V5.x os)

I wish to use a local account with rights to ssh into the device, and change the guest password.

I have a script that does this, but I'm testing using one of the admin TACACS accounts. The tacacs servers are set to fail through to the internal DB.

A Can I set up a local accont to do this, or do I define a management user and role?
Guru Elite

Define a management User

Define a management user on the Aruba Controller and assign it to the "guest-provisioning" role.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: admin access to manage guest account

I created the management account and enabled "allow local authentication" so the account can be used to logon using ssh.

I'm using plink.exe to logon and script the changes....but have 1 issue.

These are the commands use to create, then modify the guest user account; they work fine.

plink.exe -ssh -pw mypassword -noagent guestmanagerr@172.25.16.66

local-userdb-guest add username abctest password guess12
local-userdb-guest modify username abctest password guess55

However, The local-userdb commands don't work unless you set the logon into the enable mode, which I understand. It would be better if the guest provisioner account could manage the guest accounts via script without needing the enable password.

Is there another way to do this?
Guru Elite

Kiwi Cattools

Tom,

Kiwi Cattools allows you to script those commands and more: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=897

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: