Occasional Contributor II

tarpit

I am running airwave 7.3.4 and 6.1.2.2 code on the controllers. Randomly on my rogue list in airwave it shows a few suspected rogues with the ssid of tarpit and an Aruba bssid. It is an Aruba OUI but i am unable to find any ap's with the bssids listed on my controllers. I also don't see tarpit listed in the controller logs. Any ideas?

Neighbor?

Any chance they're from a neighboring business/campus?
Super Contributor II

Re: tarpit

Any other WIFI deployments nearby? Or any other buisnesses nearby that might have aruba equipment?
Sean Rynearson
Aruba

This is a bug, and as of a week ago is being addressed.

The SSID should not be detected/reported by the system.
Super Contributor II

They have seen this Tarpit SSID elsewhere? or do you mean that is should not be reported as rogue?
Sean Rynearson
Aruba

tarpit

I have seen it ;)

It's been reported to development and a fix is in the works. For now I would treat it as a 'false alarm' until the patch becomes available to remove the likelihood of this occurring.
Aruba Employee

This issue has been reported and a fix identified.

Yes, Aruba development has seen the SSID "tarpit" reported to Airwave as a rogue ssid (with an Aruba bssid) even though no other wireless signals are around.

Thanks Guys, I was suspecting a bug, I see hundreds of off campus aps from our taller buildings but haven't detected a neighboring Aruba deployment as of yet..
Aruba

Will update the thread when the fix becomes generally available (GA)
eip

Is there an update with regards to this issue?