Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: How to Enter - Contest Terms & Conditions

Retired Employee

How To Enter "Go To Airheads Nice, France" Contest 2012!

[ Edited ]

Announcing the "Go To Airheads Nice, France" Contest 2012!!

Aruba Networks & The Airheads Community along with Tech Field Day is proud to sponsor this contest.

First Prize:  we'll pay airfare, hotel, and conference registration for one lucky and deserving winner to attend Airheads Conference in Nice, France 2012.

Second Prize:  we'll buy the second lucky and deserving winner an iPAD3!

How to Enter: 

1. Consider how attending Airheads Conference in Nice, France would help you and the broader community.  Why are you deserving to attend?

2. Create a post in this forum by clicking the blue "New Message" button.  Your written entry can be up to 200 words.  Entrants may also include a video of up to 3 minutes in length and may embed pictures.

3. Consider publicizing the contest by sharing this article with friends and associates.  Ask them to give your entry "Kudos", the judges will consider kudos in their decision.

Enter to win today!!  The contest runs from now thru Monday, March 26, 2012. Winners will be annouced by Friday, March 30, 2012. UPDATE:  We've decided to extend the contest dates to give people more time to enter:  Please submit entries until April 1st.  We'll annouce a winner shortly after April 1st. Thanks!

The Fine Print

We look forward to hearing from you!

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Re: How To Enter "Go To Airheads Nice, France" Contest 2012!

Although I am not a judge for this contest, I thought it might be helpful to suggest a few ideas. I've been involved in contests like this before, and saw which entries rose to the top and which ones didn't make the cut. Here are my thoughts.

The judges are looking for one person who really deserves the ticket. This doesn't mean that you have to be uniquely wonderful, however. I'm betting that anyone could go if only they could put together the right entry.

In the past, I've been surprised by how well some seemingly mundane stories have done in contests like this. The differencing factor seems to be the amount of thought and effort that went into the entry rather than the quality of the idea itself. This is not to say that a great idea won't win, just make sure that your idea is expressed with personality and clarity.

A trip to France is really an amazing prize, and it's too bad it has to be such a rare experience. Think about how you would share this experience with the world! I know I would love to see pictures, video, and personal experiences recounted.

Then there is the technical information you will gain at Airheads Conference. How will you share this with the world? How will you give of yourself to help others? I bet stories like that will sway the judges.

If you decide to make a video, you have an opportunity to show how well you will share your experience at Airheads Conference Nice. You don't need to be a professional videographer, but put a little care into the video and especially the audio. Nothing makes a good video like a clear audio track!

If you are writing, make sure your ideas are expressed clearly. You've got to hundred words, which is enough for a few paragraphs. My English teacher always told me to use those paragraphs with care. Divide your entry into a few thoughts, then explain them clearly with a paragraph for each.

I hope this helps!

Retired Employee

[ Edited ]

Thanks Stephen. These are great TIPS!  As Stephen suggests, express your ideas with Personality and Clarity :)

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
Retired Employee

In order to give everyone additional time to submit their entries to the content... we have extended the deadline date thru April 1, 2012.

Retired Employee

[ Edited ]

Still time to submit your entries for the Airheads Nice, France contest!  Please submit your entries on the "Create your Entry board"- Click blue "New Message" button:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Create-your-Entry-to-Win-Here/bd-p/Airheads-Nice-Terms-Conditions-2012

Please note if you submited your entry on the "How to Enter" board it has been moved over to the "Create your Entry here" board.  Also, duplicate entries will be deleted.

Kind Regards,

Jeanie

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: