Airheads EMEA Italy 2014
Airheads EMEA Italy 2014
on 03-23-2014 08:49 AM - last edited on 07-01-2014 12:05 AM by ozerdo
Airheads Conference is created by engineers, for engineers. The event brings together leading mobile and Wi-Fi experts, technology innovators and industry analysts for a week of discussion, training and knowledge transfer.
Airheads Conference provides an interactive forum where technical leaders from the most innovative companies across EMEA can share ideas and collaborate on next generation network access and mobility initiatives. Knowledge gained at Airheads helps participants to stay at the forefront of mobility, driving transformation across their organizations and throughout the market.
Take a look at the agenda and check out all of the reasons to attend Airheads Conference 2014!
- Aruba Networks Weather Report : Keynote by CEO, Dominic Orr
- Creating the Personal LAN: Networking in the Age of Mobility: Keynote by CTO, Keerti Melkote
Contests and Games
- Selfie with Chief Airhead: Find me, Sean Rynearson, take a selfie with me and tweet it with @Arubanetworks and @Srynearson in the tweet. Randomly chosen winner will recieve IAP-225rw. For the Rules, Click here. Check out some of the 2014 Airheads LasVegas selfies!
- Capture the Moment: Tweet a creative & fun picture of your favorite Airheads Conference moment and be entered to win virtual visa gift card worth up to 200$. For the Rules, Click here
News and Photos
- Wi-Fi Behavior of Popular Mobile Devices: As we design our wireless LANs, we all need to be aware of how some of the latest smartphones, tablets and laptops operate over Wi-Fi. Their speeds, their roaming behavior, rate vs. range characteristics, CPU/application performance all matter. Join us in this session to discuss with your peers.
- Wireless LAN & 802.11ac Wi-Fi Fundamentals: Sometimes we all need to go back to basics and remind ourselves the essential details on Wi-Fi technology. Join us in this session to learn more about 802.11n/11ac standards, rate vs range, legacy and 11n/11ac co-existence and more.
- Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals: Wi-Fi security is a top-of-mind issue for any wireless LAN deployment, independent of the industry. We all want to ensure proper end user and mobile device authentication. And we need to protect the data in transit with best possible Wi-Fi encryption. Join us to learn more.
- Access Management with Aruba ClearPass: Are you new to ClearPass? Join us for this session to understand how you can enable context based (user role, location, connectivity method, device type, etc) access control on multi-vendor wired & wireless networks with Aruba ClearPass. Before users and mobile devices are allowed access to the network, we need to authorize and authenticate users and devices, while ensuring there's ongoing monitoring and administrative controls. ClearPass can help, come and learn how!
- Network Management with Aruba Airwave: AirWave lets IT manage the application and device experience on several generations of multi-vendor networks. Join us in this session to learn more about how you can use AirWave to improve RF troubleshooting, inventory management, custom network management alerts and reports, wireless security compliance, real-time RF visualization and location tracking for your wireless LAN.
- Remote & Branch Networking Fundamentals: Your mobile workers need simple, anytime-access to corporate resources to get the job done – even if they’re in branch offices, home offices, or on the road. Join us in this session to discuss how you can enable zero-touch deployment for wired / wireless, secure remote access for employees & guests and enable seamless inventory management across 1000s of locations.
Mobility Design & Implementation
- Advanced RF Design & Troubleshooting: Neighbor Wi-Fi networks, RF noise sources, misbehaving clients, indoor and outdoor coverage patterns can all impact mobile device performance on wireless networks. Join us in this session to discuss how you can design for RF coverage and capacity in challenging environments, proactively monitor your wireless LAN and put together a process for troubleshooting those toughest connectivity issues.
- Best Practices on Migrating to 802.11ac Wi-Fi: Moving towards a new Wi-Fi technology does not have to be too much of an undertaking. Of course, that's assuming great deal of planning and attention to detail in terms of defining the clear steps on how to get there. In this session we will discuss 802.11ac placement, Wi-Fi coverage and capacity planning for 802.11ac devices and how to take advantage of 802.11ac transmit beamforming.
Peter Lane has product management responsibility for ArubaOS. Prior to this role, Peter was the product and engineering manager for VisualRF, RAPIDS, Spectrum, ARM and RFprotect, Aruba’s Wireless Intrusion Prevention System. Peter previously held positions in software and customer engineering with AirWave Wireless, which merged with Aruba in 2008.
- Advanced Access Management with Aruba ClearPass: Learn about advanced access control on the network - In this session you will be able to gather practical knowledge on how to use Clearpass features such as Single Sign-On (SSO), NAC, BYOD and more. Let's get together to walk through the Aruba ClearPass product in real-time to better understand all the configuration, monitoring and reporting options available.
- WLAN Design for Mobile Apps: Enabling multimedia services on wireless networks is a great idea nowadays, especially given the user demand. But it takes more access points to install, proactive planning for application level performance requirements and multimedia aware RF management functions. Join us to learn about multimedia application behavior and how you can get your wireless network ready.
As the head of campus TME at Aruba. Bala leads a team that handles solutions design, proof-of-concept demos, product/feature analysis, competitive research with a focus in large campus networks. Bala has been with Aruba for about four years now, prior to which he served as a Technology Analyst at the Center for Emerging Network Technologies (CENT) at Syracuse, NY. Balajee received his M.S. in Telecommunications & Network Management from Syracuse University and his B.S. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from SASTRA University in India. In his spare time, he takes his car/motorcycle for a ride with an unknown destination and hits the basketball courts once in a while.
- Advanced Aruba Airwave Workshop: Practice makes perfect - let's get together to walk through the Aruba AirWave product in real-time to better understand all the configuration, monitoring and reporting options available. In this session you will be able to gather practical knowledge on how to use AirWave features such as custom reporting, trigger based alerts, troubleshooting and proactive planning with RF performance & capacity dashboards, real-time views on the VisualRF dashboard and more.
- Advanced Aruba Mobility Access Switch Workshop: Practice makes perfect - let's get together to walk through the Aruba Mobility Access Switches product in real-time to better understand all the configuration, monitoring and reporting options available. In this session you will be able to gather practical knowledge on how to use Mobility Access Switch features such as tunneling traffic to a Mobility Controller, enabling IP routing, zero-touch activation, role based authentication and more.
- Aruba Instant Workshop: Needing to brush up with Instant or are you new to the product? This session will be a walk through of our Instant product line. Learn configuration basics as well as tips to improve your current configurations. We will also be showing off some of the new features introduced.
Mobility Services & Applications
- Make Your Own Meridian Mobile App Workshop: Once guests and employees connect to your wireless network, you can increase engagement with them using mobile engagement. It all starts with building a mobile app, running push notification campaigns, publishing attractive location specific content. Thankfully Aruba's Meridian platform is able to deliver on all these three areas. Join the session to walk through the process of creating your mobile app step-by-step.
Bio coming soon!
- Deploying Microsoft Lync over Wi-Fi: Join us at this session to hear from Progress on how they migrated their workforce to Microsoft Lync to enable mobile collaboration. We will discuss lessons learned, technical challenges to watch out for and step-by-step process on how to satisfy the needs of the end users while keeping tabs on their most pressing questions.
John has 18 years experience in deploying and designing enterprise class networks. His current role in Aruba Networks as Solutions Architect & General Manager for Lync, focuses on the design and delivery of networks to enable unified communications such as Microsoft Lync on an enterprise scale. Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Business development John’s responsibility is to ensure Aruba delivers the best possible UC solution to our customers. Prior to Aruba John served as Director for Networks & Systems at Brandeis University and on the board of directors for the Cisco user group CIPTUG. When not working John enjoys spending outdoor time with his wife and 3 girls, skiing, sailing and occasional game of polo.
- Self-Registration, Policy & Branding for Guest Access: How many times you have had trouble logging onto a guest Wi-Fi network? The answer for many us is "way too many". Well, we all know that we need a well designed wireless network to enable seamless roaming and great RF coverage. But besides that, we need to enable ease of use, better user experience and audit control for security compliance for guest Wi-Fi access. Join us in this session to learn how to enable self-registration, advertising, smartphone optimized custom branding and more on your guest Wi-Fi web portal.
Carlos Gomez Gallego has over 15 years’ experience in the wireless and security industry and currently serves as Director of Product Management for Aruba Networks in Sunnyvale, California. Carlos was the co-founder of Amigopod, an Australian based provider of enterprise guest-access software that was an early pioneer in BYOD solutions and was acquired by Aruba Networks in December 2010. Carlos holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Queensland, Australia.