Americas Airheads Conference 2012

Contributor I

Airheads Las Vegas 2012 hotel fee?

Hi Everyone - Did any of the other Airheads Las Vegas attendees receive a $44.80 charge for the MGM Grand? I was under the impression that our ticket included the cost of the hotel. Am I the only one who was charged this? It seems strange, because when I checked out, they said I had a $0.00 balance; but I received this charge on my credit card this morning. Thanks. - Jay
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Airheads Las Vegas 2012 hotel fee?

Sounds like those are the $20 MGM Resort fee, and $2.40 MGM Resort Fee Tax (12 %).

I only see that for the extra day that I stayed, so I agree with you that this should have been covered by the conference fee.

Yes - I got charged $44.80 as well.  I think this is a mistake though - I know Angelisa was dealing with all sorts of problems with this hotel billing people when it wasn't supposed to.  I would say give it a few days to get worked out.  If I hear anything I'll come back here and post an update.

---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
New Contributor

Is Angelisa working under the assumption we were all charged this fee or do we need to contact her to be added to her list?

Retired Employee

We'll look into this and report back on this thread shortly.

Thank you!

Jeanie

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Contributor II

Any update on this?  I was charged the fee as well!

Kevin Schoenfeld

What I heard so far is that the charge was legit (the "resort fee" covers in-room Wi-Fi, use of the pool, newspapers, and other stuff), and that we were supposed to have been told about this at check-in.  My question back was "I wasn't told about it at check-in, and a bigger problem is that the hotel gave me a receipt for $0.  So how am I supposed to submit it for expense reimbursement?"  Our event folks are investigating with the hotel.  That's the latest I've got.

---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
Contributor II

Jon-

Thanks for the update; reciept/reimbursement is my immediate concern as well.  Do you want us to hit up the MGM folks as well, or sit tight to hear from you guys?

Kevin

Kevin Schoenfeld

Aruba Employee

I too was charged this fee.  I called them last Friday and they said they were going to remove the charge.  I need to check back with them today to make sure it was removed.

FYI, to reach MGM Accounts Payable, call 800-646-9143 option 3.

You could definitely call the MGM - can't hurt.  I've asked Brad to come back and post here once he figures something out.

---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: