Americas Airheads Conference 2013

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
We want your opinion on session topics and training!
[ Edited ]

Hi Community Members,

We’re currently planning the agenda for the upcoming Airheads Conference in Las Vegas, March 12-15, 2013.  We want your input and ideas on what you’d like to hear, see and learn about at Airheads?

Do you have interest in hearing more about broader industry topics and trends? Do you want more in-depth training and labs? This your chance to help define the content at Airheads that will make it the most relevant to your job.

Sign in, join this group and click on the blue “reply” button on this thread to tell us specifically what your choices are.

In addition, please click here and fill out the pre-event survey.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated and will be considered for the agenda.

Thanks!

[Admin Edit: Pre-event survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation]

MVP
Re: We want your opinion on session topics and training!
[ Edited ]

Hello ArubaKlee

Here is my input :)

1-How to create your own lab

2-Sessions for labs and hands on.

Okay in the first one which is create your own lab, here it would like to know how we should create our labs to show our clients all the good features that Aruba got

I ll give you some examples

1-How to build your lab for performance demostration, what you need, i mean what programs and all you need to test performance of aruba networks APs.  In which you maybe can teach us and demostrate the client about this and he can easily see it.  Maybe a test of airtime fairness and without it or something like that.

2-How to build your lab for Voice traffic prioritazion with a single SSID which is something that differienciate us from other vendors that need another SSID for voice.   How can we set up a lab to show the clients, this works and test it, in from of them, like inputting lot of traffic to the network and still see how it get priorizaition over the other traffic so the voice is not affected.

3-How to build your lab for security,  Setting up a lab security with 802.1x, and how can we hack WPA2 PSK to desmostrate a client that is not secure and is not the way to go.

Also how to set up correctly EAP PEAP, EAP TLS, and EAP with termination on the controller and demostrate to the client  how secure is it

4-How to build your lab for Voice with Microsoft lync( i would be really interested in this one.. i admit dont know how to set this one up)

And similar stuff like it.

This will help soo much the partners... because you will be able to have a step by step how to create a lab and how to desmostrate it correctly to the client...

Clients like to see it working and when they do, is when they buy it...

For example i was doing a demo with Remote APS and why it is soo great and that other vendors cannot send vlans through the ipsec tunnel, to the ports of the Remote AP and all that, was showing how easy is to set it up and all that, you can really see on their faces that they like what it can do!

Those are just example... people can give more topics on how to build your own lab.  So they can then go and replicate that at their country to show the clients demos  with maybe step by step guide on how to do it correctly and  with what tools you can show them "its working" just like the videos we see of  Bala Krishnamurty i mean one thing is looking it on a video and another thing is showing them that live which has better impact! and also you show them that you know how to do it!

Basically we would be doing something similar of what Bala is doing but live in front of the client :) clent like to see how realistic is that you are telling them in real world!

In summary this is all about showing clients wants to see... not just to hear! and what i want is that aruba help us in this part..

Then you can ask the clients, did the other vendor gave you a demo like we are giving you in which we are demostrating you that it really works? i bet that high porcentage of the replies will be no!

I dont know if that would be possible?

For section 2 on lab hands on... i guess it get covered with the first section of build your own lab.

Hope this sounds good to Aruba... if it does i can give ideas for more how to build your own labs:)

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
alc
Retired Employee
[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

We've created a pre-event survey here. In addition to posting your feedback in this thread, please take a few minutes to complete the survey.

Thanks!

[Admin Edit: Pre-event survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation]

Anton Chiang
Community Manager

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Follow us: Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube RSS
MVP

Forgot telling that if its not possible what i was trying to tell up

What kind of thing it would be possible to recommend or want on the sessions topics and training?

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I
I was out at the last Airheads conference last year and o...

I was out at the last Airheads conference last year and overall had a great time. I was able to meet other Engineers, learn some new ways, and give feedback on how we arcitect our infrastructure. Some of the items that I would like to see in 2013:

- Keep the customer appreciation event - this was AWESOME!

- More seats in the break-out sessions - in 2012, it was hard to find spots and a lot of us had to stand and could barely hear the speaker

- More advanced or detailed break-out sessions --- some of the advanced items were "not so advanced". Perhaps there should be three (3) tracks this year?

- More time at the end for fire line and with the product management team

Other that those, I'm hoping to attend another great event. 

Oh - what hotel will it be at? MGM?

Retired Employee
Re: I was out at the last Airheads conference last year and o...
[ Edited ]

Thanks for your feedback so far community members. Keep it coming, this is your opportunity to influence your conference as the agenda is currently being crafted. Be sure to complete the online survey: [Admin Edit: Pre-event survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation]

Please note the event will be at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. http://www.arubanetworks.com/Airheads_Conference/

Join this events group to be notified when registration opens! To join the group:  Sign In to the community and Join the group.

Kind Regards,

Jeanie

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
Retired Employee
Take the Airheads Conference 2013 survey by Friday, December 7
[ Edited ]

Hi Community Members,

You now have until Friday, December 7 to give input on the Airheads 2013 conference agenda.

Be sure to complete the online survey: [Admin Edit: Pre-event survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation]

Thanks!
Jeanie

Retired Employee
Re: Take the Airheads Conference 2013 survey by Friday, December 7
[ Edited ]

Community Members:  tomorrow is your last day to provide input into  Airheads Conference 2013 in Las Vegas! We want to hear from you, click on this link: [Admin Edit: Pre-event survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation]

MVP
Re: Take the Airheads Conference 2013 survey by Friday, December 7
[ Edited ]

Hope you have taken in cosideration my input as it will help the partners to correctly show in the BEST way with the correct tools how to demostrate how GREAT Aruba brand is agains the other brands and how superior it is :) .  Take in mind this would cover this and also it would cover Hands on, on how to configure stuff correctly :)

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Retired Employee

Hi All Community Members,

Thanks for completing this survey. Your input is greatly appreciated and is being considered to make Airheads Conf 2013 the best learning and networking experience possible.