Amigopod

Regular Contributor I

Importing accounts

I have a support case open on this issue but I want to ask the question here as well. I am ready to cut over from my old system to the AmigoPod system. I have to import about 3000-4000 accounts. I been testing and I notice I can add all the fields from my create and account form to a CVS file and prepopulate the fields with the info I want to import. I have it set up to randomly assign passwords to the imported guest accounts and have it so when the guest logs in they have to change the password and the password expires at 180 days. Alll is good and work BUT:

How in the heck am I suppose to get 3000-4000 new guest accounts all with new passwords a copy of their guest credentials that were just imported/created? AmigoPod does not seem to auto email imported accounts.

What options can we think of? I rather set a random password for every user and automate the email. One option I was toying with was to set a default password same for all accounts and do a Bcc mail to all the users (one email vs 4000 that says here is your new one time use password.

Any other ideas?
Guru Elite

Re: Importing accounts

What "old system" would that be?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

IMAG500 Apere is the name of the old system

Looks like there is a fix for this in AmigoPod 3.3.2 per release notes. I just tested and it is working now so I can import accounts with new random passwords generated and automatically sent to the guest where they will reset on first login. NICE. Thanks Aruba fixed just in time!!!!

Guru Elite

very nice!

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: