Amigopod

New Contributor

Update VMware tools on Amigopod Appliance

We recently deployed Amigopod from the VMware appliance. I need to be able to update the VMware tools to the current version. Does anyone have a procedure for doing this? Thanks.
New Contributor

Re: Update VMware tools on Amigopod Appliance

Can I get a root shell on the appliance? I did not think I could. If I can get that it would be pretty easy to install the tools and a compiler should not be necessary.

Maybe what I should have asked is How can I get a root shell and mount a CDROM?
New Contributor

Unfortunately SSH gets me to a menu, not to a root prompt. Unless these is some undocumented option to escape from the menu, that won't help me to update the tools.

Am I missing something? There must be some way to update the appliance.
Aruba Employee

The Amigopod team is investigating detecting the VMtools disk being attached to it, but for now there is no way to update the tools by hand.

Is there a specific need you have regarding the tools? All requirements we have with the tools is kept up to date. The graphics drivers, mouse hooks, disk access, etc. are all un-needed. The tools warning sometimes seen on boot is a generic VM message as well and can be ignored.
New Contributor

I'd be more concerned about being up-to-date on the SCSI drive, memory controller driver and synch driver which are all critical to the functioning of a VM in a vSphere environment.

These are all critical functions and not just nice-to-have features. I definitely think the ability to upgrade the tools and keep them upgraded should be a priority if the appliance is to be considered suitable for production environments.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: