Aruba Apps

last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

AirO admin guide

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AirO admin guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2014 08:03 PM
      |   view attached

Capture4.PNG

I've had a few requests for a user/admin guide for the Air Observer app.  I usually brush them off because writing user guides is boring, but one evening the stars lined up and the attached document materialised.

Here's the intro:

AirO is intended for technical and not-too-technical owners of Wi-Fi capable Android devices.  It displays the health of the Wi-Fi (“Local Area”) connection, and measures the characteristics of a “Wide Area” connection to a server deeper in the network.  It can be used to answer questions like:

•          What’s wrong with my Wi-Fi today?
    •          How strong is my Wi-Fi signal?
    •          Is there evidence of wireless interference?
    •          Is the problem in the Wi-Fi connection, or out on the Internet (or corporate network)?
    •          Is the overall connection to the data center good enough to run my corporate apps?

And it's on the Google Play Store here:

https://play.google.com/apps/publish/?dev_acc=11003127083050336763#MarketListingPlace:p=com.arubanetworks.airobserver

Best,

Antar

Attachment(s)

docx
    AirO Admin Guide v5.docx   344 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: AirO admin guide

Posted Mar 30, 2015 05:08 PM

When will this be available for iOS?

• 3.  RE: AirO admin guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:34 PM

Hello Swack,

I'm working on it...  All the pieces are there, but Apple now requires everything to run in 64-bit mode and that proved more difficult than I expected.  I hope to have something on the app store by the end of April.

Best wishes,

PeterT

• 4.  RE: AirO admin guide

Posted Mar 31, 2015 10:55 AM
    Great! Thanks Peter! Looking forward to it!

Swack

• 5.  RE: AirO admin guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 09:06 AM

It's up on the Apple App Store now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aruba-airo/id989644506?mt=8

(I submitted it for review on 27 April... it took 2+ weeks to get through 2 review cycles to approval but future updates should be faster.)

A few notes on setting it up:

- Finding own MAC depends on the mDNS clearpass lookup.  This is necessary for AirWave reporting, as iOS doesn't give the MAC to an app and AirWave won't index the report without a valid client MAC.

- Best to set up your own iPerf server, but it should fall back to the cloud server at 54.201...  There's a fall-through list of addresses in "settings" with 54.201... at the bottom.

- The mDNS/AirGroup discovery works for me, but it's a little complicated.  I would not be surprised if there are bugs.  Server addresses can be over-ridden in "settings" but I'm aiming for a zero-config app off the app store (see other posts on mDNS for discovery).

- The currently-shipping AirWave won't show much for this app, but those with access to the Aruba keynote server will be able to see more in the way of reported information.

Let me know how it goes?

• 6.  RE: AirO admin guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 09:12 AM

Is the AirWave hook in the Android version as well?

• 7.  RE: AirO admin guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 09:45 AM

Yes Tim, they act (almost) the same.  Both send the AirWave report in the background.