Aruba Apps

Occasional Contributor I

Airwave and SiteSurvey

I planed a SiteSurvey with AirWave. After I placed all AP, I switched the Headmap on. It looked very good. I moved one AP 1m to the right. After that the headmap evaluation shows an extremely different picture. After a further refresh without changing anything  I got again an extremely changed evaluation. WHY ?

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave and SiteSurvey

On what band did you see a different picture, the 5ghz or 2.4ghz?  It can take some time for a single AP to scan through all of the channels to draw a picture, so it is possible that you were not receiving a complete picture the first time you looked at the heat map...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for your answer, but it is a planing not are monitoring

Guru Elite

Okay.  Planning.  Got it.

Which parameters did you use as input?  How many APs are being placed?  What is the square footage of the area?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

12544qm²

35 AP 215

Headmap with 2,4 and 5 Ghz

show only this floor.

It is a Hall with racks in it and one office with 4 rooms on the same flour.

Concrete Wall outside

Guru Elite

How did you get the AP number?

How did you come up with 35 APs for that space?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

It is a manual planing

and a planing where AP can fall out.

why do you mean it is to much ?

But why do you have these questions?

My problem is that if i refresh, he didn´t shows me the headmap for all AP only for the AP on the left site. But I chanced nothing only moving one AP 1 m to the right site.

Guru Elite

I am asking because with that number of APs in a small space, it might not show the heatmaps accurately.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

The space is about 12152qm²

Why to you mean it is a smale space.

and where are high Racks insite The building is about 12 m high

The racs have about 6 meters.

Between one AP to the next are about 18 m between

It should not a longer distance between the AP because if one ap fails the other must pick up the client asap.

Also it is planed to use Voice in the future.

Guru Elite

It could be a bug in the software.  Do you have an export of your RF plan that you can send?  If you PM me your email, I can send you a link to send it to me.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: