Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Sep 24, 2014 05:35 AM

Manage to connect to aruba VIA but cannot connect to any of the enterprise network. iOS 7 is ok

• 2.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Sep 24, 2014 10:55 PM
    I could connect as well after upgrading to IOS8, but I couldn't reach any resources. After removing the profile in the app, I can't recreate the profile anymore and end up seeing: Error connecting the given URL. Check if it's valid and try again.

• 3.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:33 PM

The first thing to check is whether your enterprise RADIUS EAP certificate is using an MD5 signature hash.  If it is, you may need to replace it (yes that is a painful thing.)  Best if you do so with a SHA2 signature hash because SHA1 could be in the same boat before very long.

• 4.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Sep 26, 2014 05:15 PM
    We have a problem with ios8 to connect to via vpn to the intranet site. For the Internet site it is working. We were unable to connect to our intranet using our vpn since the iOS 8 release. Aruba team (Rajesh) told us this week this message

As discussed earlier, I tried to replicate our issue in lab and able to reproduce our issue as well.

I had opened a case with engineering team to find a solution for this issue and here is bug#107445.

One day after he told us.....

I had a discussion with engineering team and I can confirm that our issue has been fixed.

We are currently waiting for Apple to sign our drivers so that we can publish it in our support site. As a temporary work around we could disable split tunnel on VIA configuration and continue working.

I’ll update you once we have published latest drivers for VIA once its been signed by Apple. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• 5.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 11:12 AM
    We are having a problem with IOS 8 on our Captive portal for public wireless. We get the captive portal page, and can successfully create a guest account, but when we go to login safari comes back with Cannot open page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server. This only happens on IOS 8 using safari. Using the Chrome app on IOS 8 connects perfectly.

• 6.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 05:16 AM

Looks like will release new version of Aruba VIA to support iOS8 this month

• 7.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 03:16 PM

We are having this same issue.  Still no word on the IOS 8 VIA release? 

• 8.  RE: Anybody has issue connecting aruba via on iOS8?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 08:47 PM

Just heard that it will be dealyed till November