Aruba Apps

last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2012 12:53 PM
      |   view attached

Hello fellow Wi-Fi enthusiasts,

This forum is for information, questions and support related to our new Android application called Aruba Utilities.  Aruba Utilities is available here or search for Aruba Networks on the Google Play Store.

If you have any questions or comments about Aruba Utilities, please post them here.  I may take a little while to reply - this is a part-time endeavour - but rest assured I will be following this forum.

Attached is the latest user guide because I'm old fashioned enough to like written documents.  I will be posting a couple of videos later if you are of the YouTube generation.

Best wishes,

Peter Thornycroft

(Antar on Airheads Social)

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

Posted Dec 20, 2012 02:18 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for creating this tool and some walkthrough videos to go along with it. I happened to come across it by chance on my Nexus 7, a while back, but haven't had occasion to sit down and really use it. I have however looked through the documentation.

I noticed that the Aperf function is built around iPerf2. Are there any plans to move that to iPerf3 at all?

Thanks,

Daniel

• 3.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2013 02:55 PM

Hello Daniel,

I'm working on an Aruba Utilities upgrade with some new features, I hope to release it before the March Airheads.  As part of this I repackaged iperf, but still 2.0.5.  I will take a look at how easy it would be to move to iperf 3.  Which iperf 3 features are you interested in?

Thank you,

Peter

• 4.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

Posted Feb 21, 2013 02:59 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. With regards to iPerf2 vs. iPerf3, there really isn't any functionality missing that I am looking for. I have just standardized on iPerf3 already across all of my mobile devices and test servers. Given that the two versions aren't compatible it just means I have to run a seperate iPerf2 instance to accomodate Aruba Utilities.

I guess it's more of a personal preference than a requirement.

Thanks,

Daniel

• 5.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2013 03:40 PM

That's what I figured.  iPerf 3 is not backwards-compatible, so we have to make a choice between iPerf 2 or iPerf 3. 

I think the short-term answer revolves around which is more widely used.  And the long-term answer is probably to allow for either, user-preference.

Thank you Daniel, I will put it on the feature list.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

Posted Feb 08, 2013 08:45 AM

Great tools,

please keep it update ... is very usefoul

• 7.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

Posted Aug 21, 2014 02:10 PM

Hello

What options need to be enabled on the controller to allow the app to login to it, I have the login that works from the controller web page but that login fails  with a "not authenticated"  error from the app.

Thanks in advance

• 8.  RE: Aruba Utilities introduction and User Guide Rev 2_4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2014 07:49 PM

Hello,

The Controller Tab on Aruba Utilities just implements an SSH terminal function.   That said, there are various reasons why SSH can fail and because I use a library for the SSH (ganymed) the diagnostics aren't always helpful.  I'm going to weasel out of this and suggest you check with a PC utility first.  If you can log in with PuTTY or something like that, you should be OK with Aruba Utilities.  It requires port 22.  

If you aren't using SSH, go to 'settings' in the app and uncheck the SSH box for telnet.  And if you're on Instant, I haven't figured that out yet.

Best,

Antar