Aruba Apps

last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps

Aruba Utilities second anniversary

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Utilities second anniversary

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2014 07:36 PM

It was two years ago this weekend that I first posted Aruba Utilities to the Google Play Store.  This post runs through the current stats from the Store.  Please send bugs/corrections/suggestions to ctodeveloper.arubanetworks@gmail.com or this forum.

First, the numbers.  For all my Android apps:

Capture.PNG

Aruba Utilities has 10,266 current downloads after 2 years on the Store.  The number generally increases by 20-30 per day.

Here's a chart showing rollout by version over the past year:

Capture2.PNG

I'm trying to do no more than one major release per quarter now, but sometimes there's a bug or two I want to fix quickly, so there's room for a supplemental after each major release.

And by Android version:

Capture3.PNG

About 90% are on at least Android 4.1.  The min version allowed by the app is Android 3.1, and I still have an older version on the Google Play Store that goes back to 2.3.6.  But every so often I nudge up the min version because it allows the code to assume newer functions and also because higher-density displays allow more information on the screen, and although it may seem unlikely to some, I spend a good amount of time dreaming up new ways to concisely display all the useful information we can get on the Android platform.

If you use the app, or any of my other ones, do let me know how it goes either here or on the Google+ community for Beta testers https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100638199649434481720

Best,

Antar