Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Utilities user guide

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Aruba Utilities user guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 06:31 AM
      |   view attached

Good mobile apps do not need user guides, any new user should be able to figure out how to use an app as they go.

Nevertheless, some of these networking functions are unavoidably complex so I do have one.  Here's an updated guide for Aruba Utilities, to reflect v102 of the app which is now published on the Play Store:  .

Let me know please if it's missing anything.

Peter

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Dec 08, 2015 02:10 AM
    Great!

• 3.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Jun 08, 2018 08:02 AM

Hi

new user here.  I am trying to find a way to save the Wifi monitor logging data  on my Samsung Galaxy tablet without being logged into an internet connection.  That might sound a bit crazy but I am just monitoring various RSSI levels on the device and when I am done, I won't have a logged in email type connection.  So I want to save the logs locally on the tablet and then later when I am indeed logged onto an internet source, email or pull the logs off.

Is that possible?  When the Aruba Utilities app closes, it seems to lose all its data.

thank you

'mark

• 4.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Nov 27, 2018 12:49 PM

hello

i want to install this tools in the zebra tablet but this hardware is without google store (it is a security choice)

where i can find the apk to install ?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 01:04 PM

If you ask the developer at ctodeveloper.arubanetworks@gmail.com, I think he will be able to get you the apk.

Best wishes,

Peter T

• 6.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Feb 13, 2019 06:48 AM

Hi Antar,

Thanks for your efforts on User Guide.

Do you have updated user guide?

The one you shared was from 2015.

BRs

Yasin

• 7.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 08:19 AM

Hi Yasin,

I haven't revisited the user guide recently.  My best excuse is that not many app users want to read a guide... and the app is quite simple.

If you have any questions, please send them to ctodeveloper.arubanetworks@gmail.com , I do try to answer promptly.

Best wishes,

Peter

• 8.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Feb 13, 2019 02:21 PM

Thanks Peter,

I just sent an e-mail to the address you provided about log file content.

Best Regards,

• 9.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

Posted Sep 19, 2022 01:03 PM
    What is the timestamps format? I got this timestamps value from the log file, under the column of TIMESTAMPS:
    I appreciate if more info can be posted here.

thanks in adv.

• 10.  RE: Aruba Utilities user guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2022 07:54 AM

That is a 'UNIX epoch timestamp' in milliseconds. It's basically the number of milliseconds passed since 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC. If you have a Linux system you can use the 'date' command to convert it to a human readable time by inserting a decimal . at the 4th position from the right (to convert milliseconds to seconds):

% date -d @1663175063.065
    Wed Sep 14 19:04:23 CEST 2022

I also found a nice website where you can enter the timestamp which even accepts the timestamp without adding the decimal dot.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------