Aruba Apps

Occasional Contributor II

Backup/Anti Virus Client installation on Aruba - Airwave and Aruba Clearpass

Hi All,

Could you please help in getting details of the base OS versions in Airwave and Clear pass?

We are looking for the options for backup(which will help taking snapshot of vm) and antivirus installation on both these server as per our company’s security policy. We would require the details if we can install any of the backup client as well antivirus client on this virtual appliance. I would appreciate if you can get the details of backup/antivirus client supported for these virtual appliances.

If it is not supporting the backup/antivirus client then any documentation suggesting the same will help in taking the exception approval Mgmt.

Regards,

Niren

Aruba

Re: Backup/Anti Virus Client installation on Aruba - Airwave and Aruba Clearpass

Clearpass runs on a harden cli custom cent os. You are not able to install any Antivirus. I would ask that you contact TAC and they can give you the full details.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Re: Backup/Anti Virus Client installation on Aruba - Airwave and Aruba Clearpass

From the AirWave side, there's no testing done to see what resources are consumed by 3rd party applications.  With that in mind, it's advised to avoid installing 3rd party apps if possible since they tend to take up resources needed for keeping the system healthy.  Unless the server is sized to assure that you have enough RAM and disk drives provide the correct number of IOPs beyond what any 3rd party app uses, then it might be possible, but I have yet to see a healthy setup with 3rd party apps (read as: a setup that doesn't experience any performance issues or data lost).  The closest I've seen have been from installations with disk usage offloaded to a local SAN (on hardnware sized beyond sizing guide suggestions).

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: