Aruba Apps

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 8 operating sys.

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 8 operating sys.

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:09 AM

receiving the wizard ended error in windows 8. saw the maxnumfilters fix but only is good for windows 7...any help would be appreciated. thanks.

rtaImage.jpg

• 2.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 8 operating sys.

Posted Oct 06, 2014 12:53 AM

Hi Norton,

Sorry for late reply, It was holiday spree here. 

We need look at the logs to comment on your installation failure. Run the installer with the "/L*v log.txt"  syntax to generate extra logs. Attach this file along with the others by pressing Send Logs button at the failure screen.

If you suspect the issue is due to maximumfilters limit in the registry, then you can try applying the same manual fix with your windows 8 machine also. In our observation many of the installation and connectivity issues disappeared after the system is run with Windows Update. I would also suggest you to retry installation by switching off any antivirus and firewall applications.

• 3.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 8 operating sys.

Posted Oct 15, 2015 09:28 AM

I am having the exact same issue.

I have removed all antivirus and firewalls.

I have also made the change to the max filters but this did not work.

Please find the attached files.

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 8 operating sys.

Posted Oct 19, 2015 01:09 AM

Hi Shadley,

Logs indicate issues in installing the driver on this  machine.  UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices API seem to have failed. The error is (13) data is invalid. The issue could be due to various reasons ranging from device restart need to device not upto date. 

Please try the following:

Uninstall VIA and remove any traces of VIA adapter from Device Manager ( Network Adapters sub-tree) .

Restart the machine and Run Windows Updates.

Install VIA.

If the installation fails, attach the logs again. we may have to try the manual installation method if the above fails.