Aruba Apps

Contributor II

Install Visualcfg on Mac OSX

Hi,

I cannot exclude a problem with my computer (neither a problem when its main user that tries to install the software... :-) ) but I am unable to run Visualcfg on my Mac (64bits). Whatever I do, I am always prompted that Java SE 6 is required to run Visualcfg.

Eclipse seems to be a good base for such tool but, as pretty much most users, I'm not a programmer and I am totally lost with these runtime requirements.

I tend to use the latest versions of any software for security reasons. Java 6 was phased out of my machines a long time ago.

A few details: MacBook Pro 13" Retina (late 2013), OSX 10.10.2, 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD. I believe the hardware requirements should not be a problem.

What are your thoughts on this?

Keep on your good work.

Simon

Re: Install Visualcfg on Mac OSX

In the support site folder for VisualCFG, there is a readme file.  There is a special note for OS X:

In case MacOS wants to download Java 6 upon launching VisualCfg,
please follow instructions from:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19563766/eclipse-kepler-for-os-x-mavericks-request-java-se-6

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Contributor II

Re: Install Visualcfg on Mac OSX

Hi Seth,

I figured out the issue. I edit the Info.plist file in a fancy (GUI) editor at first (shame on me). When I looked at it today, the file's structure was totally messed up.

I've cleaned all Java on my Mac, rebooted then reinstall Java 8 from scratch. I then edit the file, using my old vi skills...

It just works as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Simon
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: