Aruba Apps

last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

Posted Apr 05, 2016 05:55 AM

As the subject states, I have applied the PEFV license to my Aruba controller however when trying to go through the process of setting up VIA profiles, they do not appear in the L3 options.

Running an M3 controller with 6.3.1.6.

• 2.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 06:52 AM

Did you reboot?  Did you clear your browser cache?

• 3.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

Posted Apr 05, 2016 06:55 AM

I hadnt cleared my cache but have done so and no different.

Reboot the controller? It says the license is applied and enabled and does not state the flag to reboot.

• 4.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:00 AM

Type "show keys" to see if the license is there.  Typically if a license adds profiles or configuration pieces, you would have to reboot so that the new profiles show up.

• 5.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:06 AM
      |   view attached

Hmm, see attached screenshot.

• 6.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:14 AM

Doesn't look enabled to me.  I would try a reboot.

• 7.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:24 AM

Thanks for the advice although that isnt very practical in a busy hospital.

Maybe the license should flag for a reboot? Perhaps something to take back to the devs.

• 8.  RE: M3 Controller with PefV license applied not showing L3 VIA Authentication options

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:30 AM

You should open a TAC case so that they can make sure you do not have an issue specific to your controller;  they can take it from there.