Aruba Apps

nbr
New Contributor

Status of VIA Mac client?

Hello,

I use VIA on Mac (High Sierra). I have a few questions.

1) Is this how things should look? Am I using the latest version? Why isn't the software update working?

via.png

2) If there is no update available for the software, is it possible to start/stop the vpn from command line? The current user interface is buggy*, and not accessible without a mouse. (I have a medical condition.)

Kind regards,

Tuomas

Guru Elite

Re: Status of VIA Mac client?

The software is updated at the controller. The administrator who configures the controller would be able to update the software, which would be pushed to the Mac client.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
nbr
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can you tell whether there is a new version available? Our admin is quite busy, like most are, and I'd rather not waste their time by telling to find credentials somewhere, login to the site and then find that there are no updates since 2016.

I cannot access the Downloads section with my credentials.

Guru Elite

That version is the latest version from November 2017.  They just have not changed the copyright date.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

EDIT:

I will try to find out the answer to your other question ASAP.

via.png

nbr
New Contributor

Okay, thanks. What about starting/stopping the VPN from the command line - is it possible? I don't need exact instructions, even some pointers would help.

Guru Elite

That is the answer that I am working on getting.

Guru Elite

To see what VPN connections you have available or the status of your connections on the mac, you would type:

scutil --nc list

To start a VPN connection, you would type:

scutil --nc start "name of vpn connection"

To stop it, you would type:

scutil --nc stop "name of vpn connection"

Again, to get status at any time, type:

scutil --nc list

These commands do not launch the GUI, so outside of using the "scutil --nc list" command, you will not receive any status of it being connected.

I hope  that helps.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: