Aruba Apps

Occasional Contributor II

Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address), at any given time, I'm currently associated with?

Ed

Guru Elite

Re: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated wi

Screenshot_2015-02-27-11-39-23.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated wi

That seems to be the broadcast MAC address.

Is their a way to see the Management IP address of the AP or the Management MAC address of the AP?

Thank you and regards

Guru Elite

That information is not sent over the Air.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

We are trying to add our existing AP's into the site map/drawing integrated with Airwave.  We did not properly identify each AP as we installed them into our buildings over the last few years and are trying to use this tool to help us identify the exact AP we are connected to and validate the physical locations of each AP. We desire to drag the correct AP's into their correct locations into the map, hopefully to help us produce a very accurate heat map.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Allright.  If the names of the access points are in Airwave, go to the Airwave Tab the settings tab and find the "Enable Airwave access" button.  Enable it and fill in your credentials and ip address of Airwave.i It should be able to pull the names of the access points from there..

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

Okay.  I just spoke to the developer and he said, you can put in credentials for either Airwave or the Controller under settings and it will resolve the names.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: