Aruba Apps

New Contributor

VIA VPN Client Silent Install

[ Edited ]

For starters, I am a server guy, but my network team asked that a package be created to push the VIA Client to our users. I am trying to push the x86 installer and having issues. I am able to push the client and it installs fine for all users, but about half the time I don’t get shortcuts on the desktop or in the start menu for all users. It will create the Aruba folder in All Programs, but no shortcuts. I have tried creating a transform file and still see the same issues. Obviously I could script the shortcuts to be created, but shouldn't need to. The account pushing the VIA Client is a domain admin account and is used to push all of our other programs without issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Client Devices:

Windows 7 Professional x86

VIA Client Version:

Command Line Install:

msiexec.exe /i ansetup.msi /qn /norestart

Aruba Employee

Re: VIA VPN Client Silent Install

Hi,

VIA installation creates application shortcut so that it can be displayed for all users.

For the windows 7, the location of the folder is "C:\Users\Public\Desktop".  

If you dont see the VIA shortcut (.lnk file) created in this folder, installer might have missed it.

To check if it is a miss,  collect msi Install log by adding "/l*v log.txt" to the msi command line. Either post the log file here of look for log the containing "AN_CA_CreateDesktopShortcut".

Nagendra Rapaka
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: