Aruba Apps

last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

Posted Nov 19, 2014 08:42 AM

Hi All

Was just wondering - how can I see what version of firmware my controller has pushed to my APs, or at least what version the AP is running without having to connect a console cable?

Also would the contrtoller push different versions for say an iAP vs a RAP or a CAP, or would it use the same firmware version for all of them?

Reason is I had a RAP which I upgraded to 6.3.1.8 there after I Converted to a RAP for my controller running 6.4.2.2 (Early release code) - after wards I reset the RAP to Factory defaults and saw it was running 6.3.1.1  --   Just find it weird that the controller would downgrade the image software so far back.....

• 2.  RE: What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2014 08:48 AM

show ap image version ap-name <NameofAP>

The controller pushes the same code to CAPs and RAPs; but it does not push anything to IAPs; they run Instant OS independent of the controller.

CAPs/RAPs have two partitions.   When you run the above command you'll see two Flash images columns.   Production and Provisioning/Backup.   The Provisioning/Backup partition is what will be on the AP if you factory reset it.  

• 3.  RE: What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:12 AM

Great - THX

That explains it perfectly -- Would there be a way to upgrade the Backup partition?

• 4.  RE: What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:26 AM

The apflash command was used to do this on older RAPs, but that command has since been deprecated.  I don't think there is any way to do it currently.