Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

ed
Contributor I

AP 105 and LDAP integration

I'm working with a customer evaluating some IAP-105's and they are wanting to test authentication using their Active Directory. They do not wish to install a Radius server at this time.  I do see where I can create a LDAP server under Security, but I seem to not get authenticated.  I have verified that I can connect with my supplied credentials regarding my server setup, but it appears that possibly the user credentials are getting rejected.  I have seen a few older articles pertaining to LDAP issues and wanted to know if anyone has this working or if there exists any good documentation/troubleshooting pertaining to this type of configuration.  I know Radius is the way to go, but I do not have this option at this time.

Aruba

Re: AP 105 and LDAP integration

If you want to use LDAP for 802.1X for authentication, make sure you enable termination on the WLAN setup on the IAP.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Contributor II

Re: AP 105 and LDAP integration

HI,

I have a problem with that too. LDAP authentication is working fine with mobile devices (Android, iOS), but is not working with laptops (Windows 7, Windows 8). I checked windows 7 and windows 8 configuration, and they work fine when i use LDAP authentication using Aruba Controller (against the same LDAP server). Problem is just with Aruba Instant AP.

If you want to use LDAP for 802.1X for authentication, make sure you enable termination on the WLAN setup on the IAP.

You can't select LDAP server if you don't enable termination

Regards

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: