Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

AP 228 is not braodcasting configured SSIDs

Hi team,

I have configured ARUBA instant AP 228 and setup 3 SSIDs. The instant SSID is gone once I have configured the corporate SSIDs which is an expected behaviour. However none of the configured SSID is broadcasting. I have removed the checkmark as well from disable when uplink is not available but that doen't make any difference. 

The AP has been connected through a POE switch and all 6 antennas are connected to AP.

Would you please advise what may be causing it?

MVP

Re: AP 228 is not braodcasting configured SSIDs

Your switch is 802.3at and supports LLDP? Is the LED on the 288 green or red? I assume green since you infer you can reach the GUI. What country is this as well?

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer

The switch is not at switch. I am not sure of support for LLDP. Is it required?

The light on AP is green.

Country is New Zealand.

MVP

You may then need to get an 802.3at power injector or an 802.3at with with LLDP to properly power the 228. It requires 802.3at for full functionality. The only way to know FOR SURE is to connect to the AP's console port and capture all the serial output from powerup until it's 'up' but not working.

Jerrod Howard

Sure I can capture that. However I am bit lost to how to use miniusb as serial? I tried to connect to AP and to my laptop but putty won't support serial connection on USB? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Guru Elite

Sir,

Please download the USB console driver here and install it:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/7511/Default.aspx

After that, plug in the USB into your computer and then to the AP.  It will be recognized as a com port in Device Manager.  Use a terminal program like putty to connect via serial to that com port with 9600, No flow control.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Awesome. I will be at client end next week and I will get back to you with more and complete information. I will check if switch is an "at" switch and will try to grab boot output.

Thanks for helping.

One more quick questions so that I have complete information when I go to our client. I can see in the spec notes the following:

• Worst-case power consumption from the AP: 23W
  • Power sources sold separately
  • Power over Ethernet (PoE+): 802.3at-compliant

My question is that what is the power conmsuption in normal scenario for AP 228 to power on all antennas and for proper functioning?

MVP

That's highly dependent on radio power, client load, etc. The max is provided assuming the AP is under 100% load. 

Jerrod Howard

Thanks Jerrod. Got it.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: