Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Hello, I am currently working on setting up our new Aruba WiFi environment. The new environment consists of 8x AP-215's and 5x RAP-3NW's. We are a Construction company and the appeal was that we could use the CloudCentral controller to manage and deploy the RAP units out to job trailers. Now to the question at hand.... Our parent company uses radius authentication and it requires us to add an IP to the allowed list in order for our AD credentials to work. If I am using a cloud based controller, what IP do I add to the Radius server that will allow these units to authenticate. My local AP-215's seem easy enough as I can apply static IP's to them. The RAP units would be dynamic in nature so this seems like more of a daunting task. Anyone with instructions or advice please respond ASAP as we are very excited about implementing this in the field.
Guru Elite

Re: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Aruba Central is only for management. When you configure a RADiUS server, that config is sent down to the Instant cluster where it is used.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
New Contributor

Does that mean I add the IP for every AP to the Cisco Radius server? When I try to authenticate to the WiFi network, what device is reaching out to the Radius server? This is what I am trying to figure out. I found that if I add 1 AP to the Radius server, I can authenticate, however that is based on a static IP being assigned to the AP. in the case of the RAP unit that is not possible.

Guru Elite

You need to enable dynamic radius proxy and then the VC address for the cluster will be used for radius.

Thanks,
Tim

New Contributor

Where do I find the IP Address for the VC so I can add it to the RADIUS server?

Guru Elite

Did you manually assign the VC address? 

Thanks, 
Tim

New Contributor

Ummm no. I am new to this whole VC game so treat this as a total newbie request.

MVP

old subject, but for completeness

on GUI on left bottom Info section: Virtual Controller IP

to configure it System > General: Virtual Controller IP, must be in same network as the Instants.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: