Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Advantage to use a Controller with APs

Hello EveryOne!

So I need to know what's the advantage to use controller with APs?

Aruba Employee

Re: Advantage to use a Controller with APs

Are you comparing Instant AP solution Vs Controller based solution? If yes, it would depend on various factors such as your number of users / APs, locations, features you are interested etc. 

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Contributor I

Hello, vrajasimhan

We want a solution about 15 APs with mesh mode, User Acces (Guest, Employers, Management)

Firewall, Policy security, Tickets, AAA, Active Directory...so the thing is that the aruba AP come with this features or I need to add to my solution a Controller...we are talking about 3000 to 4000 users.

Hope your comments!!

Aruba Employee

15 APs for 3000-4000 users or just 15 APs that are mesh? What is the topology of the mesh deployment? Obviously 15 APs for 3000-4000concurrent users is not a good idea so I'm assuming it's more APs, but 15 outdoor mesh. :)

For that many users, and if there is mesh, it's a pretty good bet you will want a controller-based solution. But consulting with your local Aruba partners or sales team would be the best first-step.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: