Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Super Contributor II

Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out the best way forward with an Instant configuration in Airwave. 

I have 4 sites that i want to setup instant clusters at. I would like to be able to use a global configuration (eg corporate SSID at all sites) but have a locally configured SSID for each group. 

I understand how this can be done with templates but i'm wondering how this can be achived using Instant GUI. 

I have tried setting up a Global Group and putting each VC into their own unique group referencing the global group however this doesn't allow for and Instant Config at the Global Group level. 

When i place all VC's in the same group and try and apply the configuratoin to a single VC it works but shows up as mismatched on the other VCs. When i hover over a VC in Instant Config mode i noticed that there is an "Overrides" attribute however i can't seem to find a way to designate a configuration as an Override for a single VC. 

Is what i'm trying to do even possible? Im using Airwave 8.x and Instant 4.1

Scott

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

On the top left of Instant GUI you should see a plus sign. If you click that, it will give you a list of the VCs. When you click a VC and make changes, these will be overrides to the group config for that cluster.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Super Contributor II

Re: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

thanks tim, the first time i tried this it didn't work however this may have been my impatience more than anything!

Scott

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: