Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

I tried to run an update on my controller last night, and things went poorly. My APs (IAP 105 & IAP 135) all list as down in AirWave, except for the virtual controller. They are also mismatched. How do I go about fixing this? I'm a noob with no command line experience, so please be patient with me.

Guru Elite

Re: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they wor

Did you change anything on the controller, airwave or your infrastructure?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they wor

I tried to update the virtual controller. In Airwave, I can see the entry for the virtual controller with the updated software rev, but everything else shows down.

MVP

What version did you upgrade your cluster to?
What version is your Airwave?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
New Contributor

Airwave is 7.6.2, IAP 105s and IAP 135s are 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.4_38110. Now, the virtual controller shows up as 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641, but nothing else appears to have upgraded. I'm not positive that they did not upgrade, because Airwave isn't talking to them.

MVP

Your Airwave version is too low, you must bring it up to 7.7.x in order to see your APs online.

The symptom you will see is the VC up but all the other APs offline.

As soon as you upgrade your Airwave to the latest version of 7.7.x or 8.0.x, all of your APs will come "online"
ACDX #420 | ACMP
New Contributor

Thanks! The 7.7.14 upgrade did not do the trick, but upgrading to 8.0.5 did. Your help is appreciated. Thanks all for the great forum!

MVP

glad to help.
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: