Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Frequent Contributor II

AppRF with Instant

I am currently running the latest OS on my IAP cluster and see that AppRF is a feature now on the VC.  The question I have is how do I enable it so I can see what's being used?

Guru Elite

Re: AppRF with Instant

Enable it under System.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Enabling AppRF is done in two places.

Enable "AppRF Visibility" under system.  As the name implies this enables the Application charts in the UI.

Next, go under Security -> Roles.  This is where you create your Firewall rules to allow / deny applications.

There are two different methods of App filtering: Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for Applications and Web-Content Filtering.  Web-content filtering is supported on all IAPs except the IAP-9x.  DPI is supported on all newer IAPs but is not supported on IAP-104/105, 134/135, RAP-3, and IAP-9x.  You will still be able to configure application rules that use the DPI engine but those APs that do not support it will ignore those rules.    The charts will look a little different as well -- you will only see the web-category charts.

Frequent Contributor II

Perfect, thanks Marcus.

Frequent Contributor II

I have enabled it and will see what pulls over to my Airwave server.

Guru Elite

Instant AppRF is not currently supported in AirWave.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Will it be anytime soon?

[ Edited ]

..................but it is coming very soon!  It will likely be available with IAP 4.1.0.2 and AW 8.0.2.  I don't have an exact ETA but that should be 3 - 6 weeks out as my best guess.

New Contributor

I've enabled under 'System' but cannot see the AppRF dashboard, please advise where to look.

Click on one of your APs in the IAP WebUI. Next, look in the middle of the WebUI and you should see a new link for "AppRF".  Click on that and it will bring up the AppRF dashboard.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: