Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

[ Edited ]

I have Network in Aruba Central with a Guest WLAN. I have set the Primary Usage to Guest, the Splash Page Type to Cloud Guest, created a GUEST CAPTIVE PORTAL PROFILE and set the access rule to unrestricted.

The Guest Captive Portal Profile is set to Type Anonymous and Authentication Success Behavior to Redirect URL. Share this profile has been set to ON.

Now when the users logon to the Guest WLAN, they immediately have access to the WiFi and aren't being redirected to the Splash Page.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Did you watch the video here?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArS7h6cPu6A&list=PL37Y-XxK6oanTV3821XpKHFVo3hGPW-56&index=64

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi cjoseph,

I followed the video, it's a bit different compared to the new layout, but I seem to be doing everything right. I did notice that the evaluation license has expired.. So I'm not sure this is part of the problem?

Tom

Contributor I

So I have activated the licenses and upgraded all the AP. However, the customer is still reporting that users aren't being redirected to the splash page and can directly access the internet.

I have created a new guest WLAN, just in case and am waiting for him to try it out.

But in general it should redirect to the splash page, right?

Contributor I

It's working as it should, the customer just had different expectations.. He created a Guest WLAN, users got redirected to the Cloud Guest portal where they had to accept the T&C and were then forwarded to his own Splash Page where they need to enter some details.

Of course the user is by then authenticated and doesn't need to fill in his details..

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: