Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba IAP 205's - Clients on network VLAN can't get IP

[ Edited ]

I have just a baisc instant cluster setup with three SSID's: Staff, Student and Guest network.  At random, an AP will periodically stop handing out IP addresses to our Staff and Student VLAN and sometimes others will reboot.  The Studnet and Staff are using the network assigned default VLAN and I attatched the screen shot of the fault history.  I'm not sure what I may have configured wrong, but I can't seem to find the answer. 

Also this is the verison I'm currently running with the IAP 205's: 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.0_46028

Guru Elite

Re: inatant aps rebooting%0D%0Ainstant reboot

Execute "show log system" on that access point to get a possible clue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I believe the reboot problem has been resloved.  However, I still can't seem to figure out why sometimes an AP will need to be restarted to allow a client to get an IP from the DHCP server.  Clients are connected to the correct SSID, but have limited access because they get a 169 address.  Guest users are able to get online and have no problems when the issue is apparent.  

Guru Elite

Are all of the access points, wireless and wired clients on the same subnet?

Do you have Broadcast Filter ARP enabled in the Advanced Portion of your SSIDs?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Correct they are on the same subnet and yes on both SSID's in the advanced setting Broadcast Filter ARP is enabled.  

Guru Elite

How many IAPs do you have in that configuration?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

I have 22 all of which are the IAP 205's.

Guru Elite

Okay.  How big is that subnet?  And how many clients are on it?  For better performance, it is advised to keep the wireless clients and the wired devices on a different subnet.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

I should mention that after rebooting the AP clients are able to connect. 

The subnet has over 900 available IP addresses with 300 wireless clients and about 30 plus wired.

Guru Elite

You might want to consider upgrading to 4.1.1.11 during a maintenance window, because it deals with a number of stability issues, and it could possibly  deal with yours.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: